Karen is the founder of Karen Butera Inc., an inter- national award-winning interior design firm where she has had the privilege of practicing her passion of creating personalized style and aesthetics for each project's vision for over three decades. Inspired and guided by a task-oriented father with a strong business ethic and moral code, together with the unconditional love of a beautiful, soft spoken mother, she is able to apply her entrepreneurial spirit in OC Women2Women by helping women locally and globally to become fully self supporting.
As a founding member, she loves the challenge of helping others achieve their dreams. Karen is happily married to her wonderful husband and business partner, Ric King.
- She is a mother of seven as well as a grandmother
-She is a doting parent of two fluffy Wheaton Terriers.
- In her free time, she enjoys entertaining, traveling, music, art and sewing.
- Favorite quote: "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
Robin has over 25 years of Marketing and Communications experience, along with 40+ years of being actively engaged in community service and leadership. OCW2W reinforces her belief that women are the center of the home, with the home being a powerful resource for change in the community. She is excited about making a difference with the OCW2W organization.
A few fun facts about Robin include:
-She has raised and trained her Brittany as a Certified Therapy Dog, and enjoys being part of the Kaiser Permanente Therapy Dog Program.
-She volunteers with LAPD as part of their Community Patrol.
-If money was no object, Robin would treat her entire family of 4 children and their spouses along with 17 grandchildren to a Disney Cruise.
-She has discovered that all the world’s problems disappear when you hold a newborn baby.
-"Seize the Day" is her daily mantra.
Angie is a native to Southern California and currently the Controller at Crown Realty & Development. She practiced public accounting for several years after earning her degree and graduating top of the Accounting majors at the University of Redlands before moving on to the private sector real estate industry. When she is not crunching numbers, she enjoys traveling, tap dancing and exploring new restaurants. Angie is recently married and her husband shares her love of classic cars. She is excited about joining the OC Women 2 Women team and supporting them in all ways possible.
- In her free time she enjoys being “Auntie Angie” to many of her friends’ children
-She appreciates spending quality time with her loving parents
- Favorite quote: “This game’s in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the butter’s getting hard, the eggs are cooling and the Jell-O’s jigglin’!” – Chick Hearn
Heidi has a broad background of 3 decades in key leadership positions with Allstate Insurance Company.
Heidi has a passion for goals and creating a vision to maximize them. She loves to create teams to achieve these goals and naturally sees the strength of others and how each person can contribute in their own special way. She is very excited to be a part of OC Women2Women team.
- Heidi and her husband, Brad, live on Balboa Island where they enjoy the relaxing lifestyle that the Island offers.
- She enjoys travel, especially to meet up with her son and daughter-in-law, Braden and Brooke, and her 2 grandchildren, Penn and Rooney, as they travel the world living on a boat.
- Her favorite quote is: “Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can begin now and make a new end.” unknown
Lindsey graduated from California State University Fullerton with her Bachelor’s degree in Sociology. Previously in a managerial sales role, she is now striving to use her passion for social media marketing to develop new businesses and help OCW2W, along with other nonprofits, grow an online presence.
- She is involved in several philanthropic organizations including Maribo Cares, Knots of Love, and Lion’s Heart.
- In her free time Lindsey enjoys knitting hats for cancer and autoimmune disease patients.
Jude is a true native of Orange County, graduating from Newport Harbor High School, and attending Nursing School at Orange Coast College. She later received a BA in Health Services Administration, and an MA in Psychology from St Mary's College. After working years in ICU at Hoag Hospital, she became the first nurse to perform a dialysis at the hospital, she worked the next 20 years in the dialysis field. After retiring, Jude had the opportunity to perform medical missionary work in India and Ghana.
Recently she has accompanied friends who developed, and installed, portable water purifiers in remote villages in Ghana and Tanzania. She is very pleased to serve with the wonderful women of OCW2W in the business of serving others.
- Jude loves traveling to 3rd world countries, bringing service whenever possible
- She lives with her husband, 4 cats, and a dog.
- Favorite quote: "The fruit of Silence is Prayer, The fruit of Prayer is Faith, The fruit of Faith is Love, The fruit of Love is Service" -Mother Teresa
Jule grew up in Glendale and attended University of California, Irvine to receive BA in psychology. She was part of the downtown LA hustle and bustle working at Trust & Banking Company. During that time, she met her husband and traveled around the world pursuing his career. Currently, Julie is working part time at Karen Butera, Inc. She met Karen interning while attending Interior Design Institute. Jule is happy to have the opportunity to work with OCWomen2Women to assist local women in need. she has found it very heart-warming to meet the women in person.
- Jule has been Married for 29 years
- She has 3 very busy teenagers
- In her free time, she loves making jewelry
- Everyone's favorite family member is their 9 year old Maltese - Sophie
- "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it" ... Maya Angelou
Sahar Hanna started her professional career as a trainer of computer operators and account management. She followed her passion and worked as a gemologist specializing in diamonds and gemstones. Sahar has received many honors for her work in the community and has been recognized by the State Bar of California, California Legislature Assembly, U.S. House of Representatives, and many members of the United States Congress. Sahar continues her work supporting and empowering women across the world as well as educating senior citizens on new technologies.
In her free time Sahar enjoys:
- hosting gatherings for family and friends,
- creating new recipes,
- writing poetry,
- flying kites,
- and continuing to learn about health and the human body.